The CDC Group
CDC PRIVACY NOTICE
YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
At CDC we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and employees. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of data protection and security on the Internet.
- what information we collect when you communicate with us, or when you visit our office
- how we use your information
- how we share your information
- how long we keep your information and how it is stored
- our approach to sensitive personal information
- what options you have to control your information
- the rights you may have in relation to your personal information
- how we communicate changes to this Policy
Please contact us if you would like to discuss this with us or have any questions, comments or suggestions relating to this Policy.
CDC Heavy Textiles Limited is the “controller” of the personal information collected by phone, email or in our office.
How Do We Collect Information from You?
- Information we collect when you contact us or visit our office
We will collect personal information when you make an enquiry, place an order, or make a payment by telephone, email or in our office. This may include name, address, telephone number and payment details.
- Information we collect if you work for us or apply for a job with us
The personal information we collect about you may include your name, contact details, employment history, any information set out in your CV and banking details.
- Information we collect if you are a supplier
The information we collect about you may include your name, contact details, and banking details.
How We Use Your Information
We will use your information in the following ways:
- The performance of a contract between you and us:
- to fulfil any order that you place with us;
- to collect payment from you;
- to provide you with a receipt, if you ask us to send this to you electronically;
- to order and pay for materials
- to protect and defend our legal rights and interests.
- Where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information:
- to review and assess any job application that you submit to us
- to pay you.
How We Share Your Information
- We do not share your information with any third parties.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We retain the information you provide for the following periods:
- Customer details - a period of six years
- Job applicants – a period of 6 months after application
- Current employees – for the duration of your contract and 6 years after
- Current suppliers – for the duration of your contract and 6 years after
Our Data Retention Period has been determined to cover credit risk, fraud detection and customer service periods, as well as to cover regulatory requirements, and the resolution of disputes or fraud prevention.
How We Store Your Information
Your information may be processed by our staff to the extent necessary to fulfil your order. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer of your personal information, its storage and processing.
We will keep the data which we collect from you on a secure server or, in the case of physical data, in a locked filing cabinet. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal information (i.e. information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records). We ask that you do not provide such information to us.
Rights You May Have
You may have certain rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you. These include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in a machine readable format. You also have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please contact us if you would like to make a request.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and if the changes are significant, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to the homepage of our website or sending you an e-mail with the update.
Please check this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions about the Policy and practices of this Site you can contact us at email@example.com.